Build Affordable Housing
My vision for North Cowichan involves building more affordable housing for working people and the most vulnerable members of our community. My priorities are to:
- Continue working with the Community Land Trust Foundation of BC to build more than 100 affordable housing units on municipal land in Chemianus and the South End
- Require major developments to set aside a portion of land for affordable housing
- Lobby federal and provincial government for funding to build affordable housing in North Cowichan
- Introduce land use policies and bylaws to encourage affordable housing, such as rental-only zoning, density bonusing, inclusionary zoning and infill development.
- Update North Cowichan's Official Community Plan to include stronger focus on affordable housing